Toxic PVC plastic is still a mainstay in the bathrooms across America, so the hunt for PVC free bath mats has been a long project. We're happy to finally offer you a nice list of safer options.
Now we're not talking about just any old bath mat here – we were looking for the ever elusive “rubbery” mat with safety grip. We've come across many different styles of non-rubbery bath mats: recycled wood, bamboo and teak that would be fine, but our goal was to find one that could be used with our kids to provide a non-slip surface.
Non-Slip PVC Free Bath Mats
Throughout our research, it was interesting to learn about the different types of materials used in bath maths. Take a look at what each of the following PVC and phthalate-free bath mats are made from.
- Hevea Natural Rubber Bath Mat: made from natural rubber (from the sap of the genera Hevea and Ficus trees); also available in black
- Rubbermaid Rubber Bath Mat: made from rubber (SBR) which is a synthetic rubber copolymer that is latex-free as well
- Kleine Wolke Java Plus Shower Mat: made from a natural rubber (from the sap of the genera Hevea and Ficus trees)
- Slip-X Solutions Safety Mat: made from rubber (SBR) which is a synthetic rubber copolymer that is latex-free as well
- Extra Long Tub Safety Mat: made from natural rubber
- RiteGrip Bathtub Mat: made from natural rubber
- Ginsey Aquatouch Rubber Tub Mat: made from rubber (SBR) which is a synthetic rubber copolymer that is latex-free as well
Organic Cotton + Bamboo Bath Mats
- Organic Cotton Bath Tub Mat: made of 100% Certified Organic Cotton
- Spirella Green Concept True Natura Bath Rug: made from 100% organic cotton with natural anti-slip under and suitable for floor heating systems
We would love to hear about other PVC free bath mats you've found!